On behalf of the ABCT Awards and Recognition Committee, I'm delighted to officially announce this year's awards winners!
- Alan Kazdin, Ph.D., Yale University
Outstanding Contribution by an Individual for Educational/Training Activities:
- Patricia Resick, Ph.D., National Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System
- Mitch Prinstein, Ph.D., University of North Carolina
Distinguished Friend to Behavior Therapy:
- Michael Gelder, M.D., Oxford University
Outstanding Service to ABCT:
- Lynn McFarr, Ph.D.,
- Carl Indovina, Ph.D., &
- Laura Dreer, Ph.D. (honored for their hard work on the ABCT list serve development and maintenance)
Virginia A. Roswell Student Dissertation Award:
- Caroline Oppenheimer (Advisor: Ben Hankin, Ph.D.), University of Denver
Leonard Krasner Dissertation Award:
- Johanna Thompson-Hollands (Advisor:David Barlow, Ph.D.), Boston University
John R.Z.Abela Dissertation Award:
- Amanda Morrison (Advisor: Richard Heimberg, Ph.D.), Temple University
Congratulations to all the winners. Hope to see you all at the Awards Ceremony in November!
Shireen L. Rizvi, Ph.D.
2012 Awards and Recognition Committee Chair