Student volunteers can attend a Clinical Intervention Training, Institute, AMASS, Master Clinician Seminar, or Traditional Workshop, for free! See below for information on these sessions.
Advanced Methodology and Statistics Seminars.
- Designed to enhance researchers’ abilities, they are 4 hours long and limited to 40 attendees.
Clinical Intervention Training.
- One-day events emphasizing the “how-to” of clinical interventions. The extended length allows for exceptional interaction.
- Leaders and topics for Institutes are selected from previous ABCT workshop presentations. Institutes are offered as a 5- or 7-hour session and are generally limited to 40 attendees.
Master Clinician Seminars.
- The most skilled clinicians explain their methods and show videos of sessions. These 2-hour sessions are offered throughout the Convention and are generally limited to 40 to 45 attendees.
- Covering concerns of the practitioner/educator/researcher, these remain an anchor of the Convention. Workshops are 3 hours long and are generally limited to 60 attendees.
How to Volunteer
In exchange for free admission to one of these excellent sessions, you will need to arrive half an hour before the start of your session, take attendance, assist leaders, and monitor the audio-visual for any issues.
Only graduate students who are preregistered for the convention may take advantage of this opportunity. All volunteers must pay the general registration fee. Volunteers will be selected on a first-come, first-serve basis. ABCT student members preferred.
Contact ABCT Convention Registrar Tonya Childers, at [email protected], with the subject line “ABCT Convention Volunteer Request.”
The written request must include the following information:
• Your full name
• Mobile number
• E-mail address
• Hours you can be reached by telephone
• Graduate Program
• The following information about each session at which you wish to work:
- • Number
• Full Title
• Name of faculty mentor if you are working with one
You may list a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 sessions. Indicate your preferences in priority order. We will try to accommodate as many students as possible in the assignments, which will be distributed in November.
Please note: To be eligible, you must be a graduate student who has preregistered as a student member or student nonmember of ABCT. ABCT student members are preferred. We cannot guarantee that you will be assigned to your first-choice session. If attendance at a particular session is essential to you, please buy a ticket (pay the fee) so that you may attend if not chosen as the volunteer. If you are then chosen, your payment will be refunded after the convention. Please remember to ask for the refund in an email to [email protected].