Are you tormented by extremely distressing thoughts or persistent worries?
Compelled to wash your hands repeatedly?
Driven to repeat or check certain numbers, words, or actions?
If you or someone you love suffers from these symptoms, you may be one of the millions of Americans who suffer from some form of obsessive-compulsive disorder, or OCD.?
Once considered almost untreatable, OCD is now known to be a highly treatable disorder using behavior therapy. In this newly revised edition of Stop Obsessing! Drs. Foa and Wilson, internationally renowned authorities on the treatment of anxiety disorders, share their scientifically based and clinically proven self-help program that has already allowed thousands of men and women with OCD to enjoy a life free from excessive worries and rituals.
You will discover:
• Step-by-step programs for both mild and severe cases of OCD
• The most effective ways to help you let go of your obsessions and gain control over your compulsions
• New charts and fill-in guides to track progress and make exercises easier
• Questionnaires for self-evaluation and in-depth understanding of your symptoms
• Expert guidance for finding the best professional help
• The latest information about medications prescribed for OCD
Edna B. Foa, Ph.D. is a Professor of Clinical Psychology in Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania and Director of the Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety. She received her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and Personality, from University...
R. REID WILSON, Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist who directs the Anxiety Disorders Treatment Center in Chapel Hill and Durham, North Carolina. He is also Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine. Dr....