Thanks for all your submissions.
The portal is now closed.
Results will be sent to the corresponding author’s email.
Over the past few decades, significant advances have been made in the development of effective behavioral and cognitive interventions for a wide range of problems, and ABCT members have been at the forefront of these developments. Yet, many people have difficulty accessing evidence-based care, and many clients fail to engage in or fully respond to existing treatments. ABCT's 54th Annual Convention will highlight advances in research, clinical practice, and training that feature strategies for strengthening the impact of evidence-based psychological treatments through increasing their reach and improving their effectiveness.
We encourage submissions related to the 2020 convention theme, "Better Access, Better Outcomes:
Enhancing the Impact of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies." Examples of topics related to the theme include:
- Understanding failures to respond to standard behavioral and cognitive therapies
- Developing new methods for improving outcomes in CBT, and understanding when to use them
- Understanding and targeting mechanisms for better CBT outcomes
- Improving the acceptability of evidence-based interventions to promote engagement among consumers, clinicians, and organizations
- Optimizing CBT cost effectiveness while maintaining and improving quality and outcomes
- Using technology to facilitate the delivery of evidence-based psychological treatments
- Leveraging social media to educate consumers and clinicians about the use of evidence-based treatments and how to access them
- Identifying challenges and opportunities in the implementation of evidence-based practices in large institutions, where clinicians may not be well-versed in CBT
- Addressing system, policy, organizational, and individual-level barriers to implementing evidence-based treatments
Submissions may be in the form of symposia, clinical round tables, panel discussions, and posters.
Information about the convention and how to submit abstracts will be on ABCT's website, www.abct.org, after January 1, 2020.