This trusted bestseller provides all the information needed to understand binge eating and bring it under control, whether you are working with a therapist or on your own. Clear, step-by-step guidelines show you how to:
• Overcome the urge to binge.
• Gain control over what and when you eat.
• Break free of strict dieting and other habits that may contribute to binges.
• Establish stable, healthy eating patterns.
• Improve your body image and reduce the risk of relapse.
This fully updated second edition incorporates important advances in the understanding and treatment of eating disorders. It features expanded coverage of body image issues and enhanced strategies for achieving—and maintaining—a transformed relationship with food and your body.
Christopher G. Fairburn is Wellcome Trust Senior Lecturer and Honorary Clinical Reader in Psychiatry at the University of Oxford. His publications for professionals include Eating Disorders and Obesity and Binge Eating. His coauthored study on the effectiveness of Overcoming Binge...